Comment on page
Learn fundamental electrical circuits with real hands-on experiments
- This is a paid learning package. Partial selected contents are available for free access.
- This course does not involve soldering or other safety-related activities.
- Ideal entry-level course for future electronics programs.
An electrical circuit is the fundamental building block of modern electronics and electrical systems. It is a closed loop or pathway through which electric current flows, enabling the transmission of electrical energy to power various devices and perform specific functions. Electrical circuits are composed of components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, switches, diodes, and more, all interconnected to create a path for the flow of electrons.
This course covers a variety of topics related to electrical circuits, including basic concepts like Ohm's Law, series and parallel circuits which you have learnt from high school physics class. We will also extend to more advanced topics such as Kirchhoff's Law, Thevenin's Theorem, maximum power transfer and knowledge related to AC signals.
Throughout the book, we'll use a hands-on experimental approach, providing you with practical examples with detailed procedure illustrations to help you understand and apply the concepts you learn.
All experiments and exercises in this book can be physically implemented by Lab-On-The-Go hardware kit.
- 1.Grasp Core Principles: Understand foundational electronic concepts, including voltage, current, resistance, and Ohm's Law.
- 2.Hands-on Circuit Design: Build and troubleshoot basic electronic circuits using principles like series and parallel and master basic measurement skills
- 3.Experience AC and DC: Differentiate between AC and DC signals, understanding their unique characteristics and applications in circuits.
- 4.Experimental Learning: Engage with hands-on experiments and hardware kit to reinforce theoretical knowledge and appreciate practical electronics applications.
- Individuals with little to no prior knowledge of electronics
- Makers and hobbyists who enjoy DIY and wish to learn more concepts behind them
- Students who will be pursuing studies in electrical engineering, electronics, or related fields
- Anyone with a genuine interest in understanding the fundamentals of electronics
Option 1: One-stop Solution
Option 2: Tutorial & parts Only
Learning fundamental concepts and principles are essential, but most textbooks and traditional learning approaches start off with heavy math (vectors, calculus, differential equations...), which can be extremely daunting for beginners without solid backgrounds.
Electrical circuits are a highly practical applied science that you cannot learn without actual hands-on work. For example, many skills in this field require tangible experimentation and real-world application that you cannot purely rely on paper learning or even simulation tools:
- What are electrical components look like in real life?
- Why components have many different ratings?
- How to building complicated circuits on board?
- How to measure voltage and current on an actual circuits?
Unfortunately, just to get started, you need a set of tools and equipment, including a power supply, oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, all arranged on a well-equipped workbench complete with electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection gear that cost thousands and occupies large space.
With no access to tools, beginners can hardly engage in any practical hands-on experimentation.
Even we are living in an age of vast knowledge availability, suprizingly, there are few systematic learning solutions that effectively integrate theory and practice, unless one is willing to commit several years to formal education.
- There are textbooks/online courses available but offer no hardware solutions to get started
- There are simulation tools available but are far from the actual senarios for real circuits
- There are hardware kits available but provide no systematic learning guidance or equipment
- There are professional instruments available but expensive for initial investment as a beginner
The complete learning kit offers informative tutorials with well-designed illustrations, guiding readers step-by-step through the learning process. While keeping mathematical complexity to a minimum, the book effectively introduces essential electrical concepts, preparing readers for advanced topics in electronics.
4-24V Breadboard Power Supply
Oscilloscope & Function Generator
Aside from the components included in each learning kit, Lab-On-The-Go also provides a selection of frequently used components, allowing you to immediately engage in circuit experiments upon receiving it.
These components can also double as backup parts for your future learning endeavors.
We have written a very detailed tutorial that covers 20 fundamental concepts in electrical circuits. The tutorial contains roughly 30% of theorey, 50% of hands-on experiemets with
We also posted some chapters for preview.
The physical book is well designed and color-printed.
Complete list of components used in this manual.
These components will be included as part of the learning kit.
You need to purchase both Lab-On-The-Go Hardware and Learning kit for Basic Electrical Circuits, which are available for retail in our online shop.
If you've already possessed Lab-On-The-Go or prefer to use your own set of tools and equipment, you only need to purchase the Learning kit.